United States Gasoline Fund
The United States Gasoline Fund® LP ("UGA") is an exchange-traded security that is designed to track in percentage terms the movements of gasoline prices. UGA issues units that may be purchased and sold on the NYSE Arca.
The investment objective of UGA is for the daily changes in percentage terms of its units’ net asset value ("NAV") to reflect the daily changes in percentage terms of the spot price of gasoline, as measured by the daily changes in the price of the futures contract on unleaded gasoline (also known as reformulated gasoline blendstock for oxygen blending, or "RBOB") for delivery to the New York harbor, traded on the NYMEX that is the near month contract to expire, except when the near month contract is within two weeks of expiration, in which case it will be measured by the futures contract that is the next month contract to expire (the "Benchmark Futures Contract"), less UGA’s expenses.
Gasoline is one of the most important physical commodities in the global economy. Gasoline futures are one of the most actively traded futures contracts and represent the primary US benchmark for gasoline prices.
The portfolio consists of listed gasoline futures contracts and other gasoline related futures contracts and may consist of forwards and swap contracts. These investments will be collateralized by cash, cash equivalents and US government obligations with remaining maturities of two years or less.
- UGA provides a vehicle to hedge gasoline movements or to take directional positions on gasoline prices.
- UGA offers the convenience of an exchange-traded security (NYSE Arca).
- UGA permits commodity-like exposure without using a commodity futures account.
- UGA provides "equity-like" order flexibility, including market, limit, stop, stop limit and Good-Til-Cancelled ("GTC") orders.
- UGA provides Market Price, NAV, and Portfolio Holdings on a daily basis.
|Intraday Indicative Value||UGA.IV|
|Administrator||Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.|
|Distributor||ALPS Distributors, Inc.|
|General Partner||United States Commodity Funds, LLC|